Student Dress Code
M.E.T.S. Charter School has a strict policy that requires the wearing of school uniforms by students on a daily basis. Violation of this policy will result in serious disciplinary consequences.
School is a place of business and learning, therefore, students are expected to dress appropriately. It is the obligation of both the parents and the students to maintain their personal appearance in a manner that reflects well on both themselves and the school.
Students who arrive to school out of dress code will not be allowed to enter the school building.
Any student who is found to be out of dress code during the school day will be written up for defiance and subject to consequences consistent with said infraction.
Any member of the M.E.T.S. Charter School staff may write up a student for being out of dress code at any time, in any location on M.E.T.S. property. When a student violates dress code policy, they will serve detention the following day.
Please look at our Uniform Order Form to see pricing on uniforms. Fill the form out and hand it in to the Main Office of your respective campus.
Please adhere to the following:
Uniforms must be worn throughout the entire day without exception. The M.E.T.S. Charter School Uniform Policy is as follows:
- Students are expected to wear M.E.T.S. polos or M.E.T.S. teeshirts. During cold-weather months, M.E.T.S. cardigans, M.E.T.S. zipups, M.E.T.S. fleeces, or other M.E.T.S. cold weather attire may be worn, no other hoodies/zip-ups/jackets/cardigans/sweaters/fleeces/etc may be worn. All other long sleeve shirts/sweaters/sweatshirts may only be worn beneath M.E.T.S. polos or teeshirts.
- Students are allowed to wear black pants/skirts/shorts in addition to khaki pants/skirts/shorts. Specifically, students will be allowed to wear slacks or Dockers style pants.
- Students MAY NOT wear leggings, tights, jeans, jeggings, compression wear, or form-fitting clothing.
- Skirts must be knee-length. Tights or stockings worn beneath skirts must be solid-colored, opaque, and non-patterned.
- Shorts may be worn during the months of May, June, August, September, and October only and must also be knee-length.
- M.E.T.S. Physical Education uniforms include M.E.T.S. teeshirts, M.E.T.S. sweatpants, M.E.T.S. gym shorts, or M.E.T.S. athletic apparel with appropriate footwear (cross trainers, court shoes, etc.) Jewelry, watches, hats, scarves, bandanas, and other accessories are not permitted during Physical Education.
- Proper and safe footwear is required at all times. Sandals, flip flops, slippers, open-toed shoes, open back strapless shoes and shoes with loose or untied laces or straps (which pose a hazard) are NOT permitted.
- Coats, jackets and hats are not to be worn in school and must be placed in the assigned area (LOCKERS) during school hours. No head coverings (sweat bands, hats, bandanas, wave caps, etc.) are permitted unless for religious or medical purposes. Any head covering worn during the course of the regular school day will be confiscated by administrator.