On Wednesday, May 22, 2019, METS students attended STEM and Business Career Workshop by Junior Achievement at NJIT. Workshop details:
- Professional, structured learning experiences that equip students with the tools and skills required to earn and keep a job in high-growth career industries through hands-on, interactive activities.
- Focuses on the “four C’s”: Communication, collaboration, creativity, and critical thinking.
- Students explore career clusters & future job outlook, and participate in a mock job interview.
- Aligned to the NJ Student Learning Standard 9 for 21st Century Life and Careers, the Career Ready Practices, and NJ’s Social Emotional Learning Competencies.
- Large group of volunteers/mentors from Audible, Merck, Wells Fargo, Santander, Prudential, Valley Bank, and more!
Students who attended are Marti Salazar, Zezlet Depano, Mariah Laboy, Joshua Cordon, Aisha Bhamla, Ahmed Amashah and Q'uara Phillips. Click here to see the photo gallery.